Welcome to Ashford Hollow!
We're glad you're here - welcome!
If you're new to the neighborhood or just surfin' the web and would like to know more about our neighborhood, please visit the "About Ashford Hollow' tab on the left side.
Our website has pages that are for public viewing and pages that are private and for members only. If you are a homeowner or renter in Ashford Hollow, you're eligible to become a member.
To become a member, you need to sign up for an account. To get started click on this link .
Check back often as the website is updated on a timely basis with current activities and events.
Recently Updated Pages:
The City of Houston has restored curbside recycling of glass (April 4, 2019) - Mayor Turner
During the official grand opening of a state-of-the-art recycling facility today, I announced the return of curbside recycling of bottles and jars made from clear, green and brown glass. The reinstatement of this service after a two-year pause is made possible by the city’s new recycling contractor, Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas, Inc. (FCC), which built the recycling facility in northeast Houston. In 2018, Houston City Council selected FCC after considering several proposals from competing recycling companies. The FCC agreement saves taxpayers millions in recycling costs and expands the type of materials the City's Solid Waste Department can collect curbside. Glass, along with other items accepted in the recycling cart - paper, cardboard, aluminum, tin cans and plastics -- should be clean, dry and empty before recycling. The FCC facility opened in March and has a 145,000 ton per year capacity, which is more than double the current needs of the City. For non-curbside customers, glass continues to be accepted at the City’s Recycling Drop-Off Centers as well, listed below. Neighborhood Depository/Recycling Centers Locations
• North - 9003 N Main 77022
• Northwest - 14400 Sommermeyer 77041
• Northeast - 5565 Kirkpatrick 77028
• Southeast - 2240 Central Street 77017
• South - 5100 Sunbeam 77033
• Southwest - 10785 SW Freeway 77074
Neighborhood Recycling Drop-Off Locations
• Westpark – 5900 Westpark
• Ellington Airport/Clear Lake – 246 Loop Rd
• Kingwood – 3210 West Lake Houston Parkway
As a reminder, your solid waste collection schedule can be found here
The City’s partnership with FCC also represents a reduction in the cost of Houston’s recycling program. The new contract shares the financial risk when companies that buy recyclable materials lower their price. When the price of recyclables goes up, the city will share in the profits. The entire facility and plant ownership are transferred to the City; however, FCC will be responsible for operations and maintenance and the liability of the entire plant for the duration of the contract. We look forward to working together to grow our recycling program - improving the quality of the material, preserving our valuable landfill space, and protecting Houston’s environment for the long term.
The HOA needs your help. Volunteers are needed in the following capacity:
If you are interested, or would like more informaiton, please call Carmen at Graham Management 713-334-8000.
- The number of people who are on our Citizen Patrol team has dropped drastically. We are still within HPD guidelines, fortunately. Yes, we have lots of people walking the neighborhood with eyes on the street, but not as members of the Patrol. We need them to become patrollers! The Houston Police Department offers a 2 hour training session that "official" patrollers need to attend.
- We also need someone, or two people, to volunteer to attend the monthly Super Neighborhood meetings as representatives for Ashford Hollow. The meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month at The Briarwood School, 12207 Whittington Drive, from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m.
Ashford Hollow "YARD OF THE MONTH"
Get out your gardening gloves! The "Yard of the Month" program started up again last August and is being coordinated by Bobbie White. Winners get a $25 gift card, a sign in the yard, and a picture on the website! Up to two winners will be selected each month. Everyone is eligible, but you can win only once every 12 months.Visit the Yard of the Month webpage for more information.
Please take a look at your yard. What can you do to help beautify our lovely neighborhood? Let's dig in!