||Friday 9/21/2018 10:10 PM
Citizen Patrol in Ashford Hollow
Program requirements were met and signs installed March 3, 2012.
Update April 21, 22018:
CP training / re-certification classes are resuming on an as-needed basis. If you are interested in being trained / re-ceertified, please contact Cindy Anderson (our CP Coordinator) for details as paperwork needst to be completed and approved prior to attending class. See below for a link to contact Cindy.
Citizen Patrol Training & Re-certification Class
The new training / re-certification dates for 2018 are being added to the calendar as they are received. Training is typically held monthly on the 3rd Thursday at 6 pm, at the HPD Westside Command Station. Dates occassionally change and will be updated on the calendar as we are notified. A background check form needs to be completed prior to class. Download a copy of the form here.
Location: HPD Westside Command Station, 3203 S Dairy Ashford, 3rd floor
Please contact Cindy Anderson if you plan on attending the class.
About HPD Citizen Patrol
The Houston Police Department is concerned about crime in the neighborhoods and communities throughout the city. In response, the Citizen Patrol program was established in an effort to bring the citizens and the police department together for a common goal, and that is to improve the quality of life by eliminating crime. The Citizen Patrol program is designed to provide a means for citizens to organize into patroller groups for the purpose of reducing crime in their community. Citizen Patrollers are the additional eyes and ears the police can count on to make Houston a safe place to live and work. Citizen Patrol brochure
The goals of the Citizen Patrol program are:
- To provide an effective method of discouraging neighborhood crimes and “decline.”
- To promote a friendly and safer neighborhood environment while respecting the privacy and rights of all citizens.
- To encourage awareness and provide improved communication among neighbors.
- To upgrade the quality of life and property values in the area.
Citizen Patrol groups, must meet the below listed qualifications:
- Designate a lead coordinator.
- Recommendation that at least 8 citizens participate in the program. If less than 8 citizens, approval from the Citizen Patrol Division Liaison is required.
- Commitment from the group to patrol a minimum of 30 hours per month.
- Submit a monthly report detailing the group’s activity.
- Submit a marked map outlining the area to be patrolled.
© Copyright 2018 ashfordhollow.com powered by digitalfrontporch v5.1, a service of houstonpcpro.com